Monday, December 26, 2011

Feeling happeh :D

Yup im feeling really happy right now! I've found some joy in this website personalitycafe.com or PerC :) It really helped me figure out who i am and i am discovering more about myself everyday. It's so amazing how there are so many people who know EXACTLY what i think and feel and whose thought process is pretty identical to mine. (haha not forever alone anymore!)

It's these little things that i never really took time to figure out that has helped me feel more comfortable in my own skin. Well, its just a flippin wonderful feeling having people understand and rationalise your convoluted thoughts. For those who don't know what im talking about, you should take these personality tests, particularly the MBTI & enneagram. It's really interesting and eye-opening. Gives you perspective on why people act the way they do. Why you act the way you do.

I have to admit though, it's pretty intimidating there. There are users from all walks of life from those in their 30s to a 52 year old. And then there's people like me. So yea there's all these accomplished people who are so articulate and eloquent who are able to express & analyse their thought processes so well. In short, it gets pretty intimidating for lil ol' me. But i'm learning something precious everyday and appreciating those who are similar and different from me, so all's good :)

Here's a short summary on the two types of personality theories (to get you interested!)

Enneagram: This examines your life's motive. There are essentially 9 types of people. This isn't to pigeon hole you or put you in a box because everyone is different and moulded by circumstances and inborn characteristics. Rather, it's to help you step out of your usual pattern of thinking, recognise your flaws and be more open-minded :)

MBTI: This is used to see how you gather and process information. There are 16 ways and this theory is more widespread than the enneagram. I had a workshop about this in cedar i remember! and then a talk about it in MJ also.

Yup basically this has been my latest personal interest! Unfortunately, i don't think i'm capable of persuing psychology as a career even though the passion is defo there. Have yet to find anyone i can discuss all these theories with in person ): But yea anyway, crux of the post is that I love having someone speak my mind in ways that I can't.

ON A MORE DEPRESSING NOTE..i have an operation tomorrow where they're gonna sedate me and all. Sarkks.

No comments: